Friday, November 26, 2010

Everyone is heading back to blacksburg tonight to be at the VT vs UVA game, I won't be headed back until Sunday, like I said I'm not that stoked on football haha. I'm giving my ticket to an awesome friend of ours, quinton, who unfortunately goes to UVA. This thanksgiving break has been awesome though, my girlfriend stef (who is from lawrence f-ing kansas) flew into roanoke a week ago and was with my family and I down in hatteras. She is a wonderful person. She is beautiful and subtle and joyful and loving. She points me to Christ in a real way, I cant describe to you the encouragement she is to me. I havent gotten to see many of my friends from chesapeake but time with family has been awesome. stef and I did get to spend time with justin and libby ryder though and it was great. justin is my best friend and his wife libby (www.libbyryder.blogspot.com literally life changing) is also very dear to me, she was recently diagnosed with cancer and it has been so hard being away from them while they go through this season of their life. It was so encouraging for stef and I to sit and talk with them about life and what it looks like to love your spouse and what cancer has taught them about the urgency and truth of the gospel. justin shared with us some incredible insight, he basically told us that jesus is real and that life doesnt actually have that much to offer, its a lie to think life gives us fulfillment, it doesnt, only Jesus does. speaking of Jesus I've been reading through Luke lately and I read Luke 12 today and it wrecked me. its a wonderful chapter where Jesus is so real, gosh it the most charismatic chapter of the Bible I've ever read, you should check it out. Anyways, I'm rambling. I basically started writing this to explain to y'all how much the Willard guys are like brothers to me. I literally find myself talking about the house or the guys living there all the time. I have texted everyone multiple times and am reminded of them around every corner. "Jeremy would love this" "I gotta tell Sam about smoking with my cousin" "I bet Doug would pick me up on Sunday" and the list goes on. I am so grateful and thankful for the community of brothers I have in blacksburg. I cannot wait to get back and stuff ourselves at family dinner, I cannot wait to share with everyone about my break, the good stuff and the shitty stuff, I cannot wait to hear about their breaks and most of all I cannot wait to see what God has planned for us in the upcomng weeks

peace, love, and leftover turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment