Wednesday, December 22, 2010

D. thinks:

about death a lot. Sure, life is good. But it isn't good enough to really satisfy. What I really want is beyond this. What I really want is Jesus.

I have dreams. I want to hike the Appalachian Trail, and be a high school math teacher one day. I want to live in Colorado. I want to marry a woman, and love her. I'd like to have children with her, and love them. But I'm not holding onto these dreams. When my God says to me "Come here, now", I won't look back. There won't be anything to look back to.

So please, my friends, don't live your life for this life. There is nothing here.
To hell with the American Dream. The only retirement I am saving for is the great Sabbath rest at the end of all things. And I am trying to get 6 solid days of work in 'till then.

Yes, I love life. But God is way better than life. I love him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment