Sunday, March 20, 2011

And so it was 7; reactions to Doug's absence

Since Doug's been gone at Willard, it has been sheer turmoil. Just kidding, it's been like a day and a half. But, I would like to share with you a few reactions about Doug's absence from residents and friends of Willard, as we embark on this tough time together:

"Who's taking out the trash now, I vote Jackson."- Evan Underwood

"I found one of Doug's beard hairs on Jackson's face after he left, I taped it to the white board because I miss him."-John Carr

"I was creeping on Doug's facebook and didn't recognize him without a beard."- Lauren Anderson

"It hasn't really set in that he's gone yet, but the thing I'll miss most is him going out of his way to see how I'm doing and spend a little time with me everyday."- Alex Norton

"Ummm, there's a void of wisdom in my soul."- Sam Bowman

"a quote about doug eh? who's gonna say no. and am I gonna start taking out trash? hmm. I don't understand, I'm in charge of the house account. Paying rent."- Jackson Strawn

"I <3 Doug"- Allie Golden

"lemme tell you, the basement feels really weird without him and his stuff. I would say also there's no official welcomer"- Claire Waldrop

"Somebody's gotta have a beard, and since half of us can't grow one, I think I may just be the man for the job."- James Harris

"Wait I need more time to think of a quote."- Jeremy Mateyk

"umm, that's a tough question (holds up a finger for silence)(smiles coyly) I know you're typing more about me right now. (laughs softly) I have no one to laugh at my dumb Bible jokes anymore. Doug loved my Bible jokes."-Joe Danehower

"I'm excited to step into Giles where he spent the last 4 years of his life."- Derek Jones

"I don't see him that often, but it makes me a little bit sad."- Chris Howell

"I miss the physical presence of his love but I'm stoked for what the Lord has for him on this walk through the woods."- Sam Vaughn

"Doug is the person who always brings a smile to my face and I know when he asks me how I am doing, that no matter what he is always genuine and truly cares. And that is what I will miss most, his gentle spirit."-Rachel Carlson

"a quote? I just got in bed, sorry brother. I'll be on campus or starbuck's studying tomorrow from 8-12 if you wanna meet up then."- Mark Richardson

"I will miss how Doug could see into my soul."- KT Surratt

I hope you enjoyed these varied responses to how Doug's absence will be taken. As you can see we're all in different stages of mourning. Maybe this will help with the healing process. Maybe not. Who knows. So good luck, and we're all in this together.

<3's
James Crockett Harris III

1 comment:

  1. For the record I love Doug a lot and do miss him not being here

    ReplyDelete