Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Semester

I apologize for my brief time not contributing to this blog. I have learned my lesson and will continue to document the day to day happenings in the house. As a new semester has started, the men of Willard have been up to new, and occasionally exciting, activities.

Evan, the studious ba that he is, started off the semester with a new job. Every Monday through Thursday, Evan strands himself on campus and forces himself to work from 8 am till around 3. So far the new trend has paid dividends, though no grades have been assigned, Evan feels the benefits, "well, umm, I guess in words that would be appropriate for the blog.. you could say..um... well it has been working out swell so far and I'm really liking it." -Evan Underwood, from laying in his bed about to sleep, 10:22 p.m., Sunday, January 23rd.

Sam also has new study habits this semester, through an error in his class planning (or a well planned scheme at consistent four day weekends,) Sam only has classes on Tuesday and Thursday. However these are five hour and fifteen minute classes back to back. I personally would love to spread that much anxiety out over my week, but Sam's plan has been to cram in as much education into the shortest time possible. "It's been good so far. Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays are definitely my favorite days of the week. I try to pass by Tuesdays and Thursdays in a haze of coffee and Stumbleupon.com." -James Harris imitating what he imagines Sam would say about his class schedule, because I am too lazy to go to the basement and talk to Samuel.

Jackson has finally achieved religion major status (snaps for Jackson)He now considers himself the spiritual father of the house (false) and is attempting to, I believe, tutor me in Religion in America. He keeps trying to get me to do the assignments with him and read at the same time as him. Im not down.

Doug has had the exact opposite schedule as Evan thus far. Doug is no longer a student here at Virginia Tech, thanks to four and a half years of hard work and four and a half years of grueling tuition. Doug now spends his days quietly around the house, reading and cleaning mainly, running some. At nights he goes and works at Blacksburg's favorite restaurant "Boudreaux's" Though in all honesty I have not eaten there, I have been in the kitchen and I can attest to its cleanliness.

Joe has been attending classes this semester, which has been weird for all of us. Joe also works out a lot this semester, and hanging out with his gf Claire. They tried to go on a double date to a beach music dance in Roanoke the other night with Sam and Eliza, but apparently got thrown out because they did not have canes and/or were under the age of 65 and therefore could not get reduced price coffee from McDonalds afterwards with their other dancin peeps.

Jeremy has gotten off to a fast start this semester with his Engineering classes. I do not know what Jeremy does during the day. I expect nothing good. He has gotten better at Smash, and has been in a funk ever since Michael Vick threw an interception to end Philly's football season.

JohnCarr rides his bike to campus and has attempted running recently in his plan to "turn over a new leaf" We haven't actually taken bets on when this leaf will turn back over permanently to its anti-exercise state, but I know the idea has crossed my mind. John also has been skypin Steph alot, shes in Costa Rica this semester, and John helps her bone up on her spanish. Actually they speak English, but I figure Spanish practice would be cool too. John, you should consider that.

Myself? kickin it old school. Takin history classes and practicing bball with the East Mont Team. I miss my youth where I could run for extended amounts of time without the urge to vomit everywhere. Additionally, Allie and I had a nice date the other night in front of the fire in the Willard house. If you have never spent an evening alone in front of a fire listening to the Avett brothers with your girlfriend, I recommend it.

Peace, Love, and Willard,
James Crockett Harris III


P.S. Joe and I have an intramural basketball game on Tuesday night at 7:30 in War Memorial with Caleb Fleming and Andrew Nicholas. If you're looking for a high-flying dunk fest, don't come. But if you want to see what an intermediate level intramural basketball game looks like with slightly out of shape players, please show up. And make t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment