Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Blog of a New Year.


Well my friends, it is officially January 4th, 2011. Technically, you've been following our blog for two years now. What a long, strange trip its been.

Speaking of long strange trips, this blog will be an account of the long strange trip taken by some of the Willard men (3/4) to New York City, for the dropping of the ball on New Years Eve 2011. So dear readers, consider this a warning, the following blog will be extensive and detailed, covering all the parts of an exhausting East Coast tour.

In the late afternoon of December 29th, 2009, at approximately 4 p.m., I, James Harris, went embarked on the quest of a life time, that to go pick up John Carr, and eventually go all the way to NYC in a mazda van with five other grown men. Splendid.

Unfortunately, the trip did not get off to the best start. As I turned the corner out of the neighborhood, the Lebaron went through a large puddle of water, and I lost power steering. In an act of pure muscular dominance I was able to power the car to the shop down in Great Bridge, sweating and hoping that the LeBaron would not shut down any other vital parts in the grueling trip. Luckily, I was able to get the belt put back on, and went to pick up John "AngryBird" Carr. After getting lost twice, and making two u turns, I was able to work my way through JC's awful directions and find his house, and him.

Once at Johnny C.'s we did not leave however. John's trip away from home also involves a stint out to the bland state of Kansas, where he will encounter his girlfriend the Stefanie Stuever (with an f) and he therefore needed to pack for a ten day trip. However when I got there, he had packed literally nothing. I took this opportunity to go through his food supplies and scavenge together two peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches on a strange type of bread, and also a piece of fudge. It was pretty good if I do say so myself, I hope to be able to sneak into John's kitchen on many more occasions.

After that, we did the long traffic filled drive up to Spotsylvania, where we met with Jackson, Sam, and Evan. After a hug filled reunion, we decided to fill our empty stomachs with Buffalo Wild Wings. There, our waitresses name was <3 Jess <3 and she did something very peculiar with our drinks. I'm not sure if you've ever experienced this phenomenon before, but it was my first time and I was thrown off. You see, Sam had gotten a Dr. Pepper, and I had gotten my usual Coke. When <3 Jess <3 got to our table with our drinks however, she apparently had lost track of which drink was which. So, one by one she put her nose to the edge of our glass and took a solid smell of each. It was really weird. But she did get it right, apparently she has a nose for that kind of thing.

After this, the boys headed over to Mark's estate in F-Burg, and then back to spend the night back at Jacksons. I however, decided to kill the figurative two birds with one stone, and went to Vienna to see Allie for the night. Then the next morning, I met the boys at a small park connected to exit 44 off 495, and we continued on our trip together to the Northern barren known as Pennsylvania. I noticed the farther we drove North, the less I was able to breathe, and I also felt constant panic attacks. This could have been due to the industrial smog that was in the air perpetually during our trip after passing Baltimore, but I attribute it to the lack of freedom in the land above the Mason Dixon.

I have decided that this will just be the first entry in the logging of our traveling experiences, with two or three more on the way. But for now, goodnight and goodluck.

<3's
James Harris III

No comments:

Post a Comment