Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Day in the Life of Jackson Strawn: Wytheville

7 AM: My eyes fly open. I hear the sound of Kimmie snoring next to me. So cute. Since getting married I've gotten more mature. No more sleeping late. No more baggie pants. I wear a suit to bed now. I get up without waking the wife and make my way towards the kitchen.

7:30 AM: Kimmie awakes to the smell of quite the smorgasbord being prepared. I do all the cooking now. I don't know what happened, but similar to a Captain Planet Planeteer, the moment that ring hit my finger I was endowed with powers. I am now able to make foods that aren't grilled cheese or Papa John's Pizza.

8:00 AM: I eat breakfast with my love.

8:15 AM: Sneak in a quick episode of Spongebob while Kimmie is getting ready.

8:47 AM: We walk down to the office together.

9:15 AM: I sit at my desk and cruise the net for a while. Send a few emails, buy some stuff off Amazon. I consider getting a new rug for our bedroom. Hmm.

9:35 AM: Decide to pass on the rug. I ponder life for a bit.

10:00 AM: Have a few meetings. One with a local celebrity who saw a UFO and might have had the Men in Black steal things from his house. I wish I was kidding. All the people I meet with check out my sweet computer with upside down stickers on it.

12 PM: I walk across the hall to Kimbo's office and we eat lunch together.

4 PM: Get home from the office and sit on the couch for a bit. Wytheville isn't the most exciting place on earth.

4:30 PM: Kimmie gets home. We sit.

5:00 PM: I make dinner; Chicken cordon bleu with grilled asparagus. (See Captain Planet ring)

6:00 PM: Kimmie and I watch a few episodes of the Bachelor on a laptop. That damn Juan Pablo is such a tease.

9:00 PM: We go hang out with the only other married couple in their twenties in 3 counties. We play scrabble.

10:00 PM: Bedtime. Kimmie and I dream of Chud.

No comments:

Post a Comment