Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Working Hard or Hardly Working?

This past semester, two Willard House residents decided to take a job working at DX, the 7-11 like dining hall hotspot. Open till 2 am, John Carr and Jackson Strawn work every Wednesday night from 7-3 AM. Quickly rising through the ranks of DX workers, they're known as the dynamic duo to their supervisors: quick, efficient, and great at making less than acceptable food products for the masses. Like Joe said in his blog about yours truly, I do get a strange satisfaction about seeing them in their uniforms hustling around under the strict eye of Virginia Tech Dining Services. I don't know what it is... and I get the feeling watching Jackson work more than John. When I get to watch Jackson wear that tiny hat and make wraps, I feel like flying. Words however, are not enough to explain this love of mine, so I have included a small picture gallery, taken during my multiple visits to DX on Wednesday nights over the past semester. Enjoy...
Jackson eagerly filling bags with fried treats.
Tasting the product before sending it out eh John?
You're really good at that Jack.
So happy. What is your favorite dining hall on campus?

No comments:

Post a Comment