Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Day in the life of Joe Danehower


3:00 a.m. Mmmm Protein. A lot of people wonder how I keep my body in peak physical condition at all times. I tell them the three p's: power, persistence, and protein. Power: lifting, running, homework. Everything I do, I do powerfully. Persistence: Go hard. All day everyday. Protein: pretty self-explanatory. I intake at least a 100 grams of protein every 3 hours to keep my body working at 100% (see persistence). That's why I wake up at three a.m. every night; to make myself a whey protein shake.

6:00 a.m. Breakfast time. Meat. Peanutbutter. Protein shake.

6:30 a.m. I start getting ready for my classes. Lemme tell you right now, summer session is exactly as rigorous as I thought it would be (see power). I'm taking a few engineering classes, and spend almost every other waking hour at the church where I work, or doing homework.

6:55 a.m. I ride my bike to class, and get ready for 6 hours of boring lectures.

9:00 a.m. leave class for a "bathroom break" (see protein).

1:00 p.m. Out of class, I ride my bike over to Mccomas for a brief lift (http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/muscle-building-11)

3:00 p.m. done with my lift, eat a power bar and drink two protein shakes. I ride my bike back to my house, and get ready to meet with some of the guys from church tonight for a Bible Study in the basement. I pass Jason playing supersmash bros on the Nintendo when I walk in. I haven't played in a few months. The last time almost ended in bloodshed. James kept making jokes and Sam, Jeremy, and Jackson had to hold me back after I threatened to break his neck with my bare hands, and then advanced to do so. I figured some time off of the N64 would be good. James sure can get my goat...

4:45 p.m. I start picking up some guys for Bible study/ dinner.

6:00 p.m. everyone is at Willard for the meeting. We break some bread and then get into the Word. We finish up around 8 p.m., and the guys all head home.

8:03 p.m. I pass Sam in our basement bedroom, and make a quick Bible jokes. He has a quick giggle and then heads outside to grill up his dinner. Everyone loves my Bible jokes. Especially Doug, which is one of the reasons I'm glad he's staying in Blacksburg. When the other guys don't pick up on my Old Testament jokes referring to Habakkuk 3, he always can. (see persistence)

9:00 p.m. just finished talking on the phone to my girlfriend Claire for the past 45 minutes. I miss her so much. A single tear slides down my cheek. I wipe it away quickly so the other guys can't see... then I eat more meat (see protein)

9:30 I get into the word by myself and have a great time with the Lord, over a PBJ sandwich. Afterwards, I do some more homework for tomorrow, and get ready for another Summer day in Blacksburg.

12:00 My alarm wakes me up, time for one last PBJ of the day. (see protein)

No comments:

Post a Comment